Mixcloud presents: 24 hrs to run LDN soundtrack
Our friends at Mixcloud got in touch the other day about a fantastic project they are part of called “Mixcloud presents: 24 hrs to run LDN soundtrack“. In conjunction with Nike and AIDS/HIV charity (RED)‘s Tied Together Worldwide relay run, Mixcloud have curated the soundtrack for the London leg of the relay. They selected Cloudcasters (like us!) to create hour-long mixes on behalf of teams participating in the relay and have presented them with some wicked artwork created by artist Kate Moross.
You can view and listen to all 24 cloudcasts on a dedicated page on the Mixcloud site and see how the artwork joins up to create one big image. The Jus Like Music mix is a blend of hip-hop, electronica, reggae and a bit of jazz, with themes around the colour red and the continent of Africa.
Amazing music aside, the purpose of this project and cause is to help raise awareness for the massive AIDS/HIV problem in Africa. Nike will contribute 100% of its profits from the sales of (NIKE) RED Laces to the Global Fund and to support soccer-based programs to help fight AIDS in Africa. You can buy the laces directly from the Nike Online Store.
01. Hudson Mohawke – Black n Red
02. Portformat – Everything U Change (feat. Obey The Altar Native)
03. Lorn – Greatest Silence
04. Onra – Oper8tor
05. Jaylib – The Red
06. Suff Daddy – Join The Club
07. Alex B – You And I Both Know
08. Flying Lotus – Cry For Help
09. Knxwledge – Kollective
10. Lazy Jones – Africaine
11. TOKiMONSTA – Almost Free
12. Jay Dee – African Rhythms
13. Nas – I Can (9th Wonder Remix)
14. Butch Cassidy Sound System – Brothers And Sisters
15. Matisyahu – King Without A Crown
16. Outkast – Red Velvet
17. Numaads – Now (J Rawls Remix)
18. Fingathing – Lady Nebula
19. José James – Red